We understand you sometimes you need to charge the owner extra. Some common scenarios our sitters face are:
- Minor changes to the booking arrangement: for example, the owner drops off the dog the night before, they want to pick up the dog late at night because their flight is late, etc.
- Penalties: the owner picks up the dog late (outside of your official drop-off and pick-up times)
- Extras: did you give the pup a luxurious bath? Did you need to drive to pick up the dog? You can charge for those extras easily through the app or web.
How do I send a supplement request?
You can easily ask for extra payment from the owner by sending them a supplement request. Here’s how to do it, once a booking is confirmed.
In the apps
Inside the booking details tab, you will find the SUPPLEMENT button right under the price for the booking:
Click on that, and you will be able to send the owner a supplement request. As with a custom booking, the owner will have to confirm and pay (we don’t charge anything automatically!)
On the web
You will find the SUPPLEMENT button under the total price quoted for a booking. Simply enter the additional charge you want to send the owner and confirm. Again, the owner will have to confirm and pay online.
Some things to keep in mind:
- Supplements are only available in the latest versions of the apps (iOS 5.10 and Android 4.9) or on the web. If an owner tells you they can’t see the supplement you sent them, ask them to upgrade or check their email (they will have received an email about it).
- You can only send supplements for bookings that are already paid and confirmed. If you need to change the price of a booking before the owner has paid for it, read this article.
- Supplements are meant to be used for small changes and extras. If you need to make a fundamental change to the booking (for example add extra days or move dates), please cancel the booking and send a custom booking, to make sure that the booking is covered by our insurance.
- Supplements expire in 6 days after they are sent.
- You can send a supplement up to 3 days after booking completion (for example for late pick-up).