There will be times when you need to charge extra for a booking. If for example:
- The owner is delayed and can only collect their dog later than originally planned
- The owner asks you to collect the dog
- The owner needs to pick up or drop off your guest outside your drop-off and pick-up times
- You provide extras during the dog’s stay such as luxurious bath
- They run out of food during a long booking with you
Whatever the reason, you can easily charge for extra like these with supplements. You can even add a supplement up to 3 days after the booking is completed. If the booking is no yet confirmed you can modify the price you quote an owner, you can read more about this here.
These changes are designed to add an extra charge to a booking, if you want to change the dates of booking you should use the booking date change feature.
Charging a supplement in a confirmed or in progress booking
Go to your Bookings & Messages to select the booking you want to change
If the booking status is CONFIRMED or IN PROGRESS click on the calendar icon and select SUPPLEMENT
Enter the additional amount you have agreed with the owner and click REQUEST. We will notify the owner of the additional charge. The charge will be applied when the owner confirms and makes the payment.
Tip: If editing the price of the booking, we suggest you notify the owner in advance. This way they will be expecting it, and are less likely to decline the charge or cancel the booking.