Even though emergencies are rare, you can rest assured that our processes have been designed to be comprehensive and thorough.
In the event of an emergency, sitters have to follow the following protocol:
- Immediately call the owner
- If the owner is not available, call the alternative emergency contact they've provided
- Contact the dog's veterinary provider
- If the veterinary provider is unavailable, contact DogBuddy's 24/7 VetLine for advice
- If needed, take the dog to the nearest vet
- Notify DogBuddy to ask for advice
We will help the sitter take the appropriate course of action and if the dog requires professional care, the sitter will take your dog to the local vet and access the emergency cover we provide. Read more about our insurance policy on the Insurance Details page.