Congratulations! Here are a few tips on getting your first customers:
- On the first week of your listing being active, it will be promoted to the top of the search results. Make sure you have attractive photos and a full and interesting description, so that owners are more likely to contact you.
- Share your unique sitter referral link with potential customers at the park, on social media or in your neighborhood. Not only can they go directly to your listing, but after completing their first booking with you you'll receive a £10 referral bonus.
- Download the free DogBuddy iPhone or Android app to make sure you respond to messages as quickly as possible, this will help to boost your ranking in the search results.
- Pro tip: Use the browse local dogs feature in the apps to find local dogs that need a sitter. Show interest only on the dogs that suit you best and we do the rest!
- Consider browsing your area as an owner and seeing how competitive your prices are. We suggest first-time sitters on the platform set their prices 10-15% lower than the top sitters in their area, to make their listing more attractive for their first few customers.
- Offer a discounted booking to friends and family and ask them to write a glowing review of the great stay their dog had with you. Getting your first review is key to getting more bookings.